Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ghost At The Crescent

Vacations are wonderful, even little short ones. However, coming home and trying to get caught back up…not so much. With the house cleaned, the laundry done, emails answered and the lawn sort of kind of semi started, I finally have time to share a few “happenings” I encountered while away on my trip.

I tend to talk about the Crescent Hotel a lot so just in case you’re wondering, no I don’t receive any compensation for me telling you that this is an awesome place to stay. I say it simply because it’s true. Even though I’ve visited this hotel countless times, I just can’t seem to get enough of it. The hotel was built in 1886 and has some awesome history. You can learn more about the “normal” aspects of this hotel here.

For those of you like me, who has a taste for the paranormal, a visit to this site is a must. It is here that  you will learn a little about the ghosts, the tours, etc. If you click on the ghosts pictures tab, you may even recognize a picture from my haunting images section. It is the one I took of my husband with the silhouette of a see thru child whispering in his ear.

Now, for the current stories, yes there is more than one to tell, so keep your popcorn handy.

I don’t know about you, but most people, including myself, tend to think of ghostly encounters mainly happening late at night, but this encounter occurred before noon.

My husband and I had just enjoyed a late breakfast in the beautiful Crystal Dining Room and after sitting out on the porch for a while I went into the hotel to use the restroom before we left to go into town.

Walking into the lobby, all was as you’d expect on a Thursday morning. There were a few people milling around, but it wasn’t overly crowded. I made my way to the south end of the lobby and walked down the hall where I knew the bathroom was located. The hallway and the bathroom were both empty. Walking out of the bathroom, I saw someone pressed up against the wall standing next to the bathroom door. This sent a jolt through me because I couldn’t imagine why someone would be lurking around the bathroom door. This is a multi stall bathroom so I thought if they had needed in there, why didn’t they just come in?

With a cold uneasy feeling, I headed in the opposite direction. Going a few steps, I gave a quick glance over my shoulder to make sure I wasn’t being followed. To my surprise, I could see that no one was there.

I stopped, turned around and stared at the spot where I had just seen someone standing. Knowing incidents like these were not unusual at the Crescent I rummaged through my purse to find my camera. Finding it, I took several pictures in a row. Still standing in the quiet hall alone, I walked back into the bathroom to make sure the person I had seen hadn’t slipped in behind me in the mere seconds it took for me to glance over my shoulder. As I suspected the bathroom was empty.

I’ve racked my brain trying to form a clearer picture of what I had seen, but all I can be sure of was that someone, taller than me, (which isn’t saying to much with my 5’ 2” height) was standing by that door and I think they were wearing dark clothing.

I hoped that my camera had captured something my eyes hadn’t seen, but unfortunately, the only thing that showed up in the pictures was orbs.


Personally, I’m not a big fan of claiming that orbs signify the presence of ghosts. I have learned through personal experimentation that you can produce orbs on purpose and these orbs will also show up for natural reason such as dust or bugs. Knowing I didn’t do anything to produce these orbs while also knowing I wasn’t alone in that hallway does again make me wonder if perhaps they might sometimes signify the presence of ghosts as many believe that they do.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this story, and what you think about orbs. I will try to post my other encounter sometime this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment